Bounding box bug in webkit

  • David Dailey
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 23, 2012
      http://granite.sru.edu/~ddailey/svg/B/bbox2.3.svg

      Both Safari and Chrome miscalculate the bounding box in this example rather
      dramatically. The other browsers (IE, Opera, FF, and ASV) all seem okay.

      I can't remember how to file bug reports in all the different browsers -
      they seem intent on making sure that only devotees are allowed to complain,
      but perhaps one of you devotees might see it in your hearts to pass it along
      to those good folks working on webkit SVG? I could just point them to a few
      score of examples where webkit fails, but that would apparently be too easy.

      Thanks

    • meikelneu
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 24, 2012
        --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "David Dailey" <ddailey@...> wrote:

        > I can't remember how to file bug reports in all the different browsers -
        > they seem intent on making sure that only devotees are allowed to complain,

        David I can feel your pain, but on the other hand we should be happy that there are multiple browser vendors active and listening and at least for webkit the process is very transparent.

        For your reference and others

        https://bugs.webkit.org/
        https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/
        https://bugs.opera.com/wizard/
        http://connect.microsoft.com/IE

        Michael
      • David Dailey
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 24, 2012
          Hey thanks, Michael. This is the first time I've seen these all in one
          place. I must remember to leave a trail for myself to find these again!

          Cheers

          David

          > I can't remember how to file bug reports in all the different browsers -
          > they seem intent on making sure that only devotees are allowed to
          complain,

          David I can feel your pain, but on the other hand we should be happy that
          there are multiple browser vendors active and listening and at least for
          webkit the process is very transparent.

          For your reference and others

          https://bugs.webkit.org/
          https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/
          https://bugs.opera.com/wizard/
          http://connect.microsoft.com/IE

          Michael

        • jamesd
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 24, 2012
            Transparent, but not effective.

            --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "meikelneu" <meikelneu@...> wrote:

            > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "David Dailey" <ddailey@> wrote:
            >
            > > I can't remember how to file bug reports in all the different browsers -
            > > they seem intent on making sure that only devotees are allowed to complain,
            >
            > David I can feel your pain, but on the other hand we should be happy that there are multiple browser vendors active and listening and at least for webkit the process is very transparent.
            >
            > For your reference and others
            >
            > https://bugs.webkit.org/
            > https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/
            > https://bugs.opera.com/wizard/
            > http://connect.microsoft.com/IE
            >
            > Michael

          • David Dailey
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 23, 2013
              I'm replying to this old message, just so it is easier to find next time
              around.

              It would go in an FAQ if we had one. We used to have an SVG Interest Group,
              but people seemed to run out of time to maintain it. Doug Schepers mentioned
              another such initiative recently, but it seemed to have less energy behind
              it than SVG IG had had.

              I've heard tell of an SVG thingy on LinkedIn. Does anyone know if there is
              activity there?

              Cheers

              David

              > I can't remember how to file bug reports in all the different browsers -
              > they seem intent on making sure that only devotees are allowed to
              complain,

              David I can feel your pain, but on the other hand we should be happy that
              there are multiple browser vendors active and listening and at least for
              webkit the process is very transparent.

              For your reference and others

              https://bugs.webkit.org/
              https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/
              https://bugs.opera.com/wizard/
              http://connect.microsoft.com/IE

              Michael

            • G. Wade Johnson
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 23, 2013
                On Tue, 23 Apr 2013 19:47:35 -0400
                "David Dailey" <ddailey@...> wrote:

                > I'm replying to this old message, just so it is easier to find next
                > time around.
                >

                > It would go in an FAQ if we had one. We used to have an SVG Interest
                > Group, but people seemed to run out of time to maintain it. Doug
                > Schepers mentioned another such initiative recently, but it seemed to
                > have less energy behind it than SVG IG had had.
                >

                > I've heard tell of an SVG thingy on LinkedIn. Does anyone know if
                > there is activity there?

                I see a summary of messages from there almost every day.

                G. Wade

                > Cheers
                >
                > David

                $HOME is where your dotfiles are. -- Gym Quirk
              • Richard Pearman
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 25, 2013

                  Sorry, just the URL's for reporting bugs isn't good enough. At least not with Mozila (which has managed to introduce some really bad bugs recently). I tried reporting bugs but I needed to log in, they made me use a fancy password thingy and that didn't work!

                  Richard Pearman http://www.pixelpalaces.com/
                  The next stage in the evolution of web comics: http://www.onlinecomics.net/pages/details/listing.php?comicID=4415
                  Read my Helium articles: http://www.helium.com/users/212199
                  South Alberta Cactus and succulent society: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=20360241008
                  Make money from discussing things: http://www.myLot.com?ref=Graptopetalum

                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 25, 2013
                    Hi Richard,

                    Yours is a complaint I tend to share. I am sure that the browser makers want
                    to reduce spam by requiring accounts, but it tends to ensure that the only
                    people who will report bugs are the browser's groupies. An author trying to
                    write content that works across browsers is probably not a groupie. Of
                    course many of the big time "authors" are actually teams and they probably
                    have, onboard, an FF groupie, a webkit groupie, an Opera groupie, etc., and
                    those individuals probably handle the team's bug reports, and probably have
                    a working acquaintance with the browser's development squad, possibly even
                    being a member of said squad. It is the lone experimenter's voice, I think,
                    that is often muffled and ignored in the big whir of progress in web
                    standards development.

                    Cheers

                    David

                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 25, 2013
                      The Chrome/Chromium link is: https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/list

                      You need this since Chrome is no longer based on WebKit (read up on "Blink"
                      if you're interested in the details).

                      Jeff

                      On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 2:51 AM, meikelneu <meikelneu@...> wrote:

                      > **
                      >

                      > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "David Dailey" <ddailey@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > > I can't remember how to file bug reports in all the different browsers -
                      > > they seem intent on making sure that only devotees are allowed to
                      > complain,
                      >
                      > David I can feel your pain, but on the other hand we should be happy that
                      > there are multiple browser vendors active and listening and at least for
                      > webkit the process is very transparent.
                      >
                      > For your reference and others
                      >
                      > https://bugs.webkit.org/
                      > https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/
                      > https://bugs.opera.com/wizard/
                      > http://connect.microsoft.com/IE
                      >
                      > Michael

                    • Robert Longson
                      Message 10 of 11 , May 3, 2013
                        Richard,

                        There are various ways to get help if you've got problems with bugzilla: http://www.bugzilla.org/support/

                        If you don't create bugs in bugzilla the developers don't know what to fix and we are keen to help :-)

                        Robert.

                        --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Pearman" <rpearman@...> wrote:

                        > Hi,
                        >
                        > Sorry, just the URL's for reporting bugs isn't good enough. At least not with Mozila (which has managed to introduce some really bad bugs recently). I tried reporting bugs but I needed to log in, they made me use a fancy password thingy and that didn't work!
                        >
                        > Richard Pearman http://www.pixelpalaces.com/
                        > The next stage in the evolution of web comics: http://www.onlinecomics.net/pages/details/listing.php?comicID=4415
                        > Read my Helium articles: http://www.helium.com/users/212199
                        > South Alberta Cactus and succulent society: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=20360241008
                        > Make money from discussing things: http://www.myLot.com?ref=Graptopetalum
                        >
                        > For your reference and others
                        >
                        > https://bugs.webkit.org/
                        > https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/
                        > https://bugs.opera.com/wizard/
                        > http://connect.microsoft.com/IE
                        >
                        > Michael

                      • David Dailey
                        Message 11 of 11 , Apr 17, 2014
                          Let me see if the current list is up to date:

                          Chrome: https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/list
                          https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/
                          https://bugs.opera.com/wizard/
                          http://connect.microsoft.com/IE

                          Does Apple still play SVG? I understand they no longer play Windows.
                          Would one still use
                          https://bugs.webkit.org/ for that?

                          Cheers
                          David