markerline symbol

  • Ruth Lang
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2012

      I am looking for a way to create markers along a path with equal distances.

      For example as shown here the red triangles in this picture:
      http://edndoc.esri.com/arcobjects/9.2/NET/bitmaps/8d81aed9-9643-4e22-930c-3c
      adcb81689121.png

      <textpath /> would work, but as FF does not support SVG fonts, it is not a
      really useful solution.

      marker-mid doesn't make equal distances between the markers, so also not
      useful.

      Any ideas?

      Thanks
      Ruth
    • yannick.bochatay@free.fr
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2012
        Hi Ruth,
        is the getPointAtLength method what you're looking for ?
        http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/paths.html#InterfaceSVGPathElement
        Yannick