Re: Events when elements overlap

  • Robert Longson
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 8, 2011
      --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "David Dailey" <ddailey@...> wrote:

      > Hi Robert,
      >

      > Where is getElementByPoint documented? I went looking in
      > http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/struct.html#DOMInterfaces for it but didn't find
      > it there.

      http://dev.w3.org/csswg/cssom-view/#dom-document-elementfrompoint

      Best regards

      Robert.
    • Marty Sullivan
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 8, 2011
        I'm somewhat confused about that method and don't have time to test. Does
        it return just one element? Does it factor in transforms?

      • th_w@ymail.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 8, 2011
          --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Marty Sullivan <dark3251@...> wrote:

          > If getElementFromPoint is not part of the spec, I would just create a
          > rect/BBox of the point and then document.getIntersectionList(pointBox,
          > null).

          Thanks for that hint! I wasn't aware of that method.
        • David Dailey
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 8, 2011
            > Where is getElementByPoint documented? I went looking in
            > http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/struct.html#DOMInterfaces for it but didn't
            find
            > it there.

            http://dev.w3.org/csswg/cssom-view/#dom-document-elementfrompoint

            Thanks Robert,

            That seems like a funny place for it to be located. I guess all things that
            are common to HTML and SVG are now in CSS, whether they have to do with CSS
            or not? How odd.

            Cheers

          • scalablev
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 11, 2011
              Thanks for the tip! getIntersectionList solved my problem.

              http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2174640/hit-testing-svg-shapes