Re: [svg-developers] Re: Events when elements overlap

  • Marty Sullivan
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 8, 2011
      If getElementFromPoint is not part of the spec, I would just create a
      rect/BBox of the point and then document.getIntersectionList(pointBox,
      null).

    • Robert Longson
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 8, 2011
        --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "David Dailey" <ddailey@...> wrote:

        > Hi Robert,
        >

        > Where is getElementByPoint documented? I went looking in
        > http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/struct.html#DOMInterfaces for it but didn't find
        > it there.

        http://dev.w3.org/csswg/cssom-view/#dom-document-elementfrompoint

        Best regards

        Robert.
      • Marty Sullivan
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 8, 2011
          I'm somewhat confused about that method and don't have time to test. Does
          it return just one element? Does it factor in transforms?

        • th_w@ymail.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 8, 2011
            --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Marty Sullivan <dark3251@...> wrote:

            > If getElementFromPoint is not part of the spec, I would just create a
            > rect/BBox of the point and then document.getIntersectionList(pointBox,
            > null).

            Thanks for that hint! I wasn't aware of that method.
          • David Dailey
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 8, 2011
              > Where is getElementByPoint documented? I went looking in
              > http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/struct.html#DOMInterfaces for it but didn't
              find
              > it there.

              http://dev.w3.org/csswg/cssom-view/#dom-document-elementfrompoint

              Thanks Robert,

              That seems like a funny place for it to be located. I guess all things that
              are common to HTML and SVG are now in CSS, whether they have to do with CSS
              or not? How odd.

              Cheers

            • scalablev
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 11, 2011
                Thanks for the tip! getIntersectionList solved my problem.

                http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2174640/hit-testing-svg-shapes