SV: [svg-developers] Re: Animation

  • Roger F. Gay
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 9 9:18 AM
      Fantastic. Is is possible to get the x,y values when they are in mid-animation? My new x,y values may come in at random intervals and I'll want to update the animation asap; starting the new one from wherever the old one happens to be at the time I change it.

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 9 12:52 PM
        You can if you use the SVG DOM. e.g. attributrhttp://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/types.html#InterfaceSVGAnimatedLength

        Best regards

        Robert.
      • dark3251
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 12 8:49 PM
          You can get the current position of an animated or otherwise transformed element by using the method "getCTM()." This function will return the "current transformation matrix" of the element. This will require a bit of reading to understand, but the returned SVGMatrix object contains the translation coordinates of the elements as well as other transforms such as rotation.

          This becomes handy when you are transforming elements and also animating them to further transform them. You can always be sure you have the correct coordinates no matter what is happening to the element. All coordinates are <i>relative</i> to the element's original coordinates.

          --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Roger F. Gay" <rogerfgay@...> wrote:

          > Fantastic. Is is possible to get the x,y values when they are in mid-animation? My new x,y values may come in at random intervals and I'll want to update the animation asap; starting the new one from wherever the old one happens to be at the time I change it.
          >

          > ________________________________

        • David Dailey
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 20 8:32 AM
            On Friday, September 09, 2011 7:16 AM

            Nick asked:

            Does anyone know if there are any plans to support foreignObject in Internet
            Explorer?

            I'd also like to know the answer to that.

            Regards

          • Mark T
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 20 4:26 PM
              Does anyone know if there are any plans to support foreignObject in Internet

              > Explorer?
              >
              > I'd also like to know the answer to that.

              +1

              MarkT