Convert SVG to PDF

  • scalablev
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 5, 2011
      Can anyone recommend a good Asp.Net component for this? The SVG must not be rasterized when converted to PDF.

      Google suggests these:

      http://www.aspose.com/categories/.net-components/aspose.pdf-for-.net/key-features.aspx
      http://www.princexml.com/doc/7.0/svg/
      http://www.alt-soft.com/Support_samples_svg_samples.aspx
      http://www.evopdf.com/html-to-pdf-converter.aspx

      Any others I should check out?
    • Jeff Schiller
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 5, 2011
        Inkscape can export as PDF.
        On Sep 5, 2011 4:10 AM, "scalablev" <svg@...> wrote:
        > Can anyone recommend a good Asp.Net component for this? The SVG must not
        be rasterized when converted to PDF.

        > Google suggests these:

        http://www.aspose.com/categories/.net-components/aspose.pdf-for-.net/key-features.aspx
        > http://www.princexml.com/doc/7.0/svg/
        > http://www.alt-soft.com/Support_samples_svg_samples.aspx
        > http://www.evopdf.com/html-to-pdf-converter.aspx
        >
        > Any others I should check out?

      • John Delacour
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 5, 2011
          At 11:10 +0000 05/09/2011, scalablev wrote:

          >Can anyone recommend a good Asp.Net component for this? The SVG must
          >not be rasterized when converted to PDF.

          I can't suggest anything for MS windows. I tried printing using
          PrimoPDF from various browsers and the result was always rasterized.

          On the Mac you can open the SVG file in Safari and print to PDF using
          the built-in option to get a vector PDF file. On the Mac and UNIX
          you can install svg2pdf (using MacPorts on the Mac), which has cairo
          and other stuff as prerequisites, uatomatically installed.

          It's worth noting that PDF and PS do not do arcs, circles and
          ellipses but fakes all of these with B├ęzier curves. This may be OK,
          though not entirely accurate, for most purposes, but if you then need
          to convert the PDF or PS to DXF, then you will get polylines for all
          the curves, which is usually no good at all. I have searched high
          and low for a way of converting SVG to DXF without success and have
          had to resort to creating Cenon files with Perl and converting these
          to DXF. Cenon is very useful but does not read SVG and is available
          only for Mac and UNIX.

          JD
        • Pranav Lal
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 7, 2011
            What kind of SVG are you working with? If it is charts etc then checkout the
            following component. I suspect it can save as PDF.
            http://www.softwaresigloxxi.com/

            Pranav