Opera Versions - SVG Support

  • Raks A
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 10, 2011

      I downloaded Opera Mini 6 ( Presto 2.5.25 ) and it does not play SVG SMIL on
      a Blackberry 9300.
      When I look at the specs provided by Opera
      http://www.opera.com/docs/specs/presto25/svg/elements/ it claims to support
      animateTransform, animateMotion, animate
      and hence any SVG SMIL animation should play, instead I get to see only the
      last frame of the animation

      Anyone from Opera who can help
      The animations plays perfectly well in FireFox, Opera11, Chrome etc ..

      - Rakesh

    • Erik Dahlstrom
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 12, 2011
        On Sat, 11 Jun 2011 07:31:49 +0200, Raks A <rakssvg@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I downloaded Opera Mini 6 ( Presto 2.5.25 ) and it does not play SVG
        > SMIL on
        > a Blackberry 9300.
        > When I look at the specs provided by Opera
        > http://www.opera.com/docs/specs/presto25/svg/elements/ it claims to
        > support
        > animateTransform, animateMotion, animate
        > and hence any SVG SMIL animation should play, instead I get to see only
        > the
        > last frame of the animation
        >
        > Anyone from Opera who can help
        > The animations plays perfectly well in FireFox, Opera11, Chrome etc ..

        On phones you need Opera Mobile in order to get full SVG support. See
        http://www.opera.com/docs/specs/productspecs/.
        Opera Mini prerenders the svg on the server-side, and while the server
        side might run a Presto version that is fully capable of animations the
        client isn't.

        If you want to learn more about how to make content work in Opera Mini
        (there are some limitations even for HTML content):

        http://dev.opera.com/articles/view/opera-mini-web-content-authoring-guidelines/

        Cheers
        Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group