RE: [svg-developers] Re: Unintended scaling down of linked svg

  • honyk
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 4, 2011
      > I think the problem you are running into is that there are
      > two viewboxes being applied.

      > So per your code sample, try removing the viewbox from the root
      > SVG element of the externally referenced link.svg file and then
      > you should see what you expected.

      Thanks for the tip, but it doesn't help (the same result). Btw, this viewBox
      is a must in other my files (that I want to use this way) as it stores info
      how used coordinations are related to the physical size.

      I can scale that reference SVG file by some constant value (<g
      transform="scale(1.06, 1.06)"> seems to be sufficient), but it is quite
      dirty solution...
    • jonfrostsvg
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 6, 2011
        I ran a few tests and for FFox and Opera, if you specify the width and height on the <use> element, the scaling and display seems to match your needs without having to transform/scale the content. Will that work for you?

        Removing the viewbox from the root of test_list.svg fixes the sizing of the <use> as well, but this is less likely to solve your puzzle.