RE: [svg-developers] Re: Unintended scaling down of linked svg

  • honyk
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 4, 2011
      > attachments are not allowed in this group

      I've thought I already sent attachment successfuly here. I'll keep this in
      mind.
      So here is the link: http://hroska.cz/other/test_link.svg
      That red rectangle should fill all the area. But it is smaller. I don't know
      why.

      Jan
    • jonfrostsvg
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 4, 2011
        I believe uploading of files is still allowed, under the "Files" menu item. In any case, I think the problem you are running into is that there are two viewboxes being applied.

        So per your code sample, try removing the viewbox from the root SVG element of the externally referenced link.svg file and then you should see what you expected.

        If not, just let me know. Best,
        Jon
      • honyk
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 4, 2011
          > I think the problem you are running into is that there are
          > two viewboxes being applied.

          > So per your code sample, try removing the viewbox from the root
          > SVG element of the externally referenced link.svg file and then
          > you should see what you expected.

          Thanks for the tip, but it doesn't help (the same result). Btw, this viewBox
          is a must in other my files (that I want to use this way) as it stores info
          how used coordinations are related to the physical size.

          I can scale that reference SVG file by some constant value (<g
          transform="scale(1.06, 1.06)"> seems to be sufficient), but it is quite
          dirty solution...
        • jonfrostsvg
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 6, 2011
            I ran a few tests and for FFox and Opera, if you specify the width and height on the <use> element, the scaling and display seems to match your needs without having to transform/scale the content. Will that work for you?

            Removing the viewbox from the root of test_list.svg fixes the sizing of the <use> as well, but this is less likely to solve your puzzle.