Re: Unintended scaling down of linked svg

  • jonfrostsvg
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 4 8:00 AM
      Hi Jan, of the SVG mapping world if I recall correctly.

      As you may have notice, attachments are not allowed in this group - for security reasons most-likely. Please post the file on a website if possible and link to it, or send it over to me and I can post it for review, or just send you an answer.

      Best,
      Jon
    • honyk
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 4 8:31 AM
        > attachments are not allowed in this group

        I've thought I already sent attachment successfuly here. I'll keep this in
        mind.
        So here is the link: http://hroska.cz/other/test_link.svg
        That red rectangle should fill all the area. But it is smaller. I don't know
        why.

        Jan
      • jonfrostsvg
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 4 11:45 AM
          I believe uploading of files is still allowed, under the "Files" menu item. In any case, I think the problem you are running into is that there are two viewboxes being applied.

          So per your code sample, try removing the viewbox from the root SVG element of the externally referenced link.svg file and then you should see what you expected.

          If not, just let me know. Best,
          Jon
        • honyk
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 4 11:47 PM
            > I think the problem you are running into is that there are
            > two viewboxes being applied.

            > So per your code sample, try removing the viewbox from the root
            > SVG element of the externally referenced link.svg file and then
            > you should see what you expected.

            Thanks for the tip, but it doesn't help (the same result). Btw, this viewBox
            is a must in other my files (that I want to use this way) as it stores info
            how used coordinations are related to the physical size.

            I can scale that reference SVG file by some constant value (<g
            transform="scale(1.06, 1.06)"> seems to be sufficient), but it is quite
            dirty solution...
          • jonfrostsvg
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 6 8:54 AM
              I ran a few tests and for FFox and Opera, if you specify the width and height on the <use> element, the scaling and display seems to match your needs without having to transform/scale the content. Will that work for you?

              Removing the viewbox from the root of test_list.svg fixes the sizing of the <use> as well, but this is less likely to solve your puzzle.