ANN: Pergola with Bing maps

  • domenico_strazzullo
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2011
      Pergola 1.3 released.

      Maps extension handles Bing tiles in window (Cloudmade and Arcgis coming soon). Example of a mapping application [1] with views switching, layers, features and tools.

      Other extension: Markers. Example [2].

      [1] http://www.dotuscomus.com/pergola/download/pergola_1.30/Examples/BingMaps/BingWindow.svg

      [2] http://www.dotuscomus.com/pergola/download/pergola_1.30/Examples/Markers/markers.svg
    • jonfrostsvg
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 4, 2011
        Hi Domenico,

        This is all looking great. The ES library is designed well and features such as markers and UI widgets speed the work of both newbie and seasoned developers. And the cross-browser compatibility for all of these features is great/rare. Interesting banana nations example - this history of the banana wars is interesting/sad. And its nice to be able to jump right to SVG Open 2011 :-)

        http://www.dotuscomus.com/pergola/indepth.html

        A few suggestions:
        -- Add library of mapping-specific symbols - I think Andreas N. created useful ones already.

        -- Possibly integrate Pergola as an extension to jQuery and/or Ext JS to appeal to more developers.

        -- In the overview map that displays when mousing over the window tab, allow us to keep it open so that we can interact with it to quickly jump to another location. I think you actually already developed an SVG control which does that.

        Nice job - Jon