Re: [svg-developers] Re: Native support for page panning in browsers

  • Jacob Beard
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 20, 2011
      On 11-01-20 05:28 PM, ddailey wrote:

      > On a related issue, is there any way to drag SVG graphics in a web
      > browser on an i-phone? The safariites seem to have hijacked
      > drag={onmousedown=onething; onmousemove=another;} such that I can't
      > figure out a way to make GUI SVG web apps work there, at least not if
      > said apps try to use the "Apple interface" as detailed in "Inside
      > Macintosh" c. 1984.

      I'd also like to know the answer to this. I've heard that you can
      override the default dragging behaviour by using evt.preventDefault(),
      but I've also heard that writing your own dragging behaviour is
      impossible, because you don't receive the touch event until you remove
      your finger. I don't have an iphone and so haven't been able to test it,
      but I keep hoping that this isn't the case, as it seems it would be a
      rather large limitation with respect to what one is able to do with
      SVG-based UI's versus native UIs on the iphone.

      Jake