[ANN] SVG Web now IE9 compatible

  • meikelneu
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2011
      This year the SVG family will be appended by a long awaited child: IE9.

      For the transition period SVG developers who have to support older versions of IE (6,7,8) JavaScript libraries come to help. SVG Web is such a library that renders SVG using the Flash plugin for IE versions that don't have native SVG support.

      During SVGopen 2010 in Paris I talked about SVG Web and back then it was not yet ready to support IE9
      http://river-valley.tv/svg-in-internet-explorer/
      http://www.svgopen.org/2010/papers/15-SVG_in_Internet_Explorer/

      I'd like to let you know that by the end of 2010 SVG Web became IE9 compatible (tested against the latest available platform preview_7). See this thread at the project's site for the announcement and how to implement it
      http://code.google.com/p/svgweb/issues/detail?id=573#c33

      -Michael