Re: [svg-developers] Re: need help with making two svg objects from one

  • Charles McCathieNevile
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2010
      On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 01:11:08 +0100, foofoo1900 <foofoo1900@...>
      wrote:

      > Thank you, Patrick! I'll try your suggestion!

      I took an alternative approach (because building two iframes and so on
      seemed really complicated to me.

      I opened the SVG, and looked at it in Dragonfly, which showed me the path
      used to create the spiral. Export DOM and I have an SVG element.

      Double the width, make the path a def, and <use> it twice side by side
      with clipping to suit. (As a child of the 70's I would make them round...)

      Set an animation for the rotate (although that doesn't work in IE9 so you
      should use fakeSMIL or something).

      To get the direction change I would like to use a <set> and animate the by
      attribute of the animation, but I don't know if that works because I
      didn't worry about trying it.

      (This is similar to using <set> for script-free buttons. One button is
      drawn over the other, and I <set> display none when it is clicked, ending
      when the button underneath gets clicked. Then I can trigger whatever else
      I want from the clicking of the two buttons. Or cascade them for multiple
      states, which isn't that much harder. It's nothing special, but it stops
      me writing javascript which is generally a good idea ;) ).

      cheers

      Chaals

      --
      Charles McCathieNevile Opera Software, Standards Group
      http://my.opera.com/chaals Try Opera: http://www.opera.com