Re: [svg-developers] - page breaks for printing and viewing

  • Erik Dahlstrom
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 29, 2010
      On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 22:09:53 +0200, KeithA <keith_allen53@...> wrote:

      > Hello All,
      >
      > I'd like to fit a multi-page document into a single file and display w/
      > firefox (I curently create multiple files). Furthermore, I would like
      > to be able to use Firefox's print capability to print the same multiple
      > pages but I can't get this methodology I found on the web to work (see
      > blow). Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you, Keith

      Using an xhtml (or html5) container together with css pagebreaking should
      work I think, for some examples see e.g
      http://davidwalsh.name/css-page-breaks. It's possible that your snippet
      will work too, I'd suggest specifying the type of stylesheet though, like
      this: <?xml-stylesheet type="text/css" href="print.css" media="print" ?>.

      Here's another take on your structure:

      <!DOCTYPE html>
      .page { page-break-after: always; }
      <svg/>