Namespace syntax & usage

  • peasthope@shaw.ca
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 21, 2010
      Folk,

      I wonder whether my code is wrong and an example on the W3 site
      is obsolete or whether the W3C validator has a fault.

      These are the first four lines of a test file.
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC
      "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1 plus MathML 2.0 plus SVG 1.1//EN"
      "http://www.w3.org/2002/04/xhtml-math-svg/xhtml-math-svg.dtd"

      http://validator.w3.org/ yields this.
      Validation Output: 91 Errors

      1. Error Line 2, Column 10: Namespace prefix svg on desc is not defined

      <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC
      ==================================

      My four lines above are almost identical to the first four lines in this example.
      http://www.w3.org/TR/XHTMLplusMathMLplusSVG/#howto-xhtml
      "3.1. XHTML as the Host Language"

      Is this a fault in the validator? Is the example obsolete?

      My test files are available here.
      http://carnot.yi.org/Category2.xhtml
      http://carnot.yi.org/Category2.html
      The second passes the validator with no errors.

      Thanks for any ideas, ... Peter E.

      --
      Telephone 1 360 450 2132. 7785886232 is gone.
      Shop pages http://carnot.yi.org/ accessible as long as the old