A workaround for the webkit bug

  • Andreas
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 24, 2010
      The object-Tag is a great Multimediaelement, but the Webkitbug pains any Designer. If you use the tag for SVG, all Webkitbrowser display a transparent background in a white color.

      We created a workaround with JavaScript. The JavaScript change the object-Tag with a img-Tag in DOM for Webkit.
      Take a look:
      http://www.labs.pixelfans.de/svgwebkit/webkitbug.html
    • jeff_schiller
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 28, 2010
        --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Andreas" <pawelf@...> wrote:

        > The object-Tag is a great Multimediaelement, but the Webkitbug pains any Designer. If you use the tag for SVG, all Webkitbrowser display a transparent background in a white color.
        >
        > We created a workaround with JavaScript. The JavaScript change the object-Tag with a img-Tag in DOM for Webkit.
        > Take a look:
        > http://www.labs.pixelfans.de/svgwebkit/webkitbug.html

        Nice workaround. I should point out that this particular bug has now been fixed on the trunk, so in (I'd guess) half a year we won't have this problem any more.