The reference to entity "T_Edmonton" must end with the ';' delimiter

  • lprao_1978
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2010
      Below exception is coming when I am invoking

      org.apache.batik.transcoder.TranscoderException: null
      Enclosed Exception:
      The reference to entity "T_Edmonton" must end with the ';' delimiter.
      org.apache.batik.transcoder.TranscoderException: null
      Enclosed Exception:
      The reference to entity "T_Edmonton" must end with the ';' delimiter.
      at org.apache.batik.transcoder.XMLAbstractTranscoder.transcode(Unknown Source)
      at org.apache.batik.transcoder.SVGAbstractTranscoder.transcode(Unknown Source)

      Code is below

      JPEGTranscoder transcoder = new JPEGTranscoder();
      try {
      BufferedOutputStream bufferedoutputstream = new
      BufferedOutputStream(new FileOutputStream(target));
      transcoder.transcode(new TranscoderInput(file1), new TranscoderOutput(bufferedoutputstream));
      bufferedoutputstream.flush();
      bufferedoutputstream.close();
      }catch ( Exception ex ) {}

      What could be wrong and how to debug?
    • Jacob Beard
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 4, 2010

        Maybe it thinks that something is an XML entity that is not properly
        delimited. If you have something in your document like "&T_Edmonton",
        that might make sense. If this is the case, then you should escape the
        "&", so you would have "&T_Edmonton" in your document.

        Jake

        On 10-09-02 02:59 AM, lprao_1978 wrote:

        > Below exception is coming when I am invoking
        >
        > org.apache.batik.transcoder.TranscoderException: null
        > Enclosed Exception:
        > The reference to entity "T_Edmonton" must end with the ';' delimiter.
        > org.apache.batik.transcoder.TranscoderException: null
        > Enclosed Exception:
        > The reference to entity "T_Edmonton" must end with the ';' delimiter.
        > at org.apache.batik.transcoder.XMLAbstractTranscoder.transcode(Unknown
        > Source)
        > at org.apache.batik.transcoder.SVGAbstractTranscoder.transcode(Unknown
        > Source)
        >
        > Code is below
        >
        > JPEGTranscoder transcoder = new JPEGTranscoder();
        > try {
        > BufferedOutputStream bufferedoutputstream = new
        > BufferedOutputStream(new FileOutputStream(target));
        > transcoder.transcode(new TranscoderInput(file1), new
        > TranscoderOutput(bufferedoutputstream));
        > bufferedoutputstream.flush();
        > bufferedoutputstream.close();
        > }catch ( Exception ex ) {}
        >
        > What could be wrong and how to debug?

      • heldermagalhaes
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 4, 2010
          Hi everyone,

          (Jake)
          > Maybe it thinks that something is an XML entity that is not properly
          > delimited. If you have something in your document like "&T_Edmonton",
          > that might make sense. If this is the case, then you should escape the
          > "&", so you would have "&T_Edmonton" in your document.

          I guess Jake is right, you are likely dealing with invalid XML.

          Jake's hint it that you have broken textual content, in the sense that XML reserved characters (like '&', '<', '>', etc.) [1] were not properly escaped. You should check if it's the case.

          I'd also hint towards a possible predefined XML entity being wrongly referenced. You can see an example of this mechanism working here [2] (the "Smile" is defined as an XML entity, for easier referencing later). In that case, Batik's message is correct and you only need to add a semicolon (as in "&T_Edmonton;") to fix the broken content.

          You may also be interested in knowing that Batik has a dedicated users list [3], which may be helpful for searching for related messages and asking for Batik-related technical questions. ;-)

          Hope this helps,
          Helder

          [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_XML_and_HTML_character_entity_references#Predefined_entities_in_XML
          [2] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/images/coords/PreserveAspectRatio.svg