Re: Who Maintains W3C's SVG Pages?

  • simonshutter
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 13, 2010
      Hi Doug,

      I think it's a definite improvement but I haven't been too active the past year so not sure what else needs to be highlighted.

      The important thing is to keep the page current either manually or via a feed mechanism.

      BTW - I would link the body text in the SVG Open paragraph to http://www.svgopen.org/2010/ since the H3 tag isn't such an obvious place to find a link.

      Thanks for doing this Doug,

      Simon

      --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Doug Schepers <doug@...> wrote:

      > Hi, Simon, Peter (whoah, having Catholic-school flashbacks!)-
      >
      > I've redesigned the SVG WG homepage, which I've been meaning to do for a
      > while, and I hope it's more usable. Suggestions very welcome.
      >
      > I've also updated some of the news items with the SVG WG Twitter feed
      > (though this is not yet a live feed). I will try to automate this and
      > maybe integrate the blog posts as well, going forward.
      >

      > peasthope@... wrote (on 7/7/10 6:01 PM):
      > > From: simonshutter<simon@...>
      > >> ... is it possible for other members of the SVG community to contribute content to the W3C page?
      > >
      > > Or at least submit contributions and suggestions?
      >
      > If anyone has a suggestion for a news item, just let us know. You can
      > email us here, or on www-svg@..., or tweet @svgwg if it's short. I
      > can't guarantee we will post any given message, but we will certainly
      > consider them all.
      >
      > Regards-
      > -Doug

    • Doug Schepers
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 13, 2010
        Hi, Simon-

        simonshutter wrote (on 7/13/10 1:12 PM):

        > I think it's a definite improvement but I haven't been too active the
        > past year so not sure what else needs to be highlighted.
        >
        > The important thing is to keep the page current either manually or
        > via a feed mechanism.

        I agree. I'm trying to set it up so that it keeps current, while still
        filtering out the noise. I imagine that much of it will have to be
        manual, but I will try to update it at least once per month.

        The SVG community can help me by suggesting noteworthy bits of SVG news.

        > BTW - I would link the body text in the SVG Open paragraph to
        > http://www.svgopen.org/2010/ since the H3 tag isn't such an obvious
        > place to find a link.

        Done.

        > Thanks for doing this Doug,