Re: [svg-developers] Seeking JavaScript or XSLT graph layout library

  • Jacob Beard
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 30, 2010
      Hi David,

      The thing is, one of the former Master's students at my lab wrote his thesis
      on graph layout for Domain-Specific Modelling:

      http://msdl.cs.mcgill.ca/people/denis/files/thesis_HREF.pdf

      He wrote implementations in Python and Tkinter for several graph layout
      algorithms. The code is actually quite clean, and I think it wouldn't be too
      difficult to port the work to JavaScript and SVG.

      The only difficulty is that I'm quite busy with another project right now,
      and so it would be better if I could just leverage an existing JavaScript
      library. But I haven't been able to find anything that currently does this,
      so I might just spend the few days required to port this existing body of
      code, especially if it would have applications to other active SVG-based
      projects.

      I'll let you know what I discover. Thanks,

      Jake