Re: [svg-developers] Death to Flash?

  • Guy Morton
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 8, 2010
      On 08/02/2010, at 2:20 PM, Doug Schepers wrote:

      > *sigh*.
      >
      > Maybe some of you didn't get the memo. Microsoft joined the SVG WG and
      > are actively participating, and it seems likely that they are
      > considering SVG support, as well as support for parts of HTML5. Let's
      > hope we find out more soon.

      With all due respect, Doug, some of us have a deep well of cynicism within us that was born from many years' bitter experience. I'm glad you're upbeat, and hope you're right to be so, but I don't think it's time to be rejoicing just yet, and I don't think it's helpful to be casting those who don't agree with you as misguided or uninformed.

      When I see SVG running natively in IE, THEN I will reconsider some of my more cynical thinking. Possibly. :-)

      Guy
    • elizabeth palmer
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 8, 2010
        please do not send me no more of your mail. i would appreciate it greatly.thank you

        To: svg-developers@yahoogroups.com
        From: c.1@...
        Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 02:45:39 +0000
        Subject: RE: [svg-developers] Re: Death to Flash?

        As we all know, raw log analysis can give a misleading impression of
        browser use. I am sticking my neck out here, but based on some highly
        selective analyses of a few quiet sites I am involved with, I'd say that
        the vast majority of IE6 "users" on there are actually Chinese robots.
        Certainly the IE6 "users" don't behave like real people compared with
        those who use 21st century browsers.