Gradients: Vertices & Contour Based (Was New Article)

  • Francis Hemsher
    Message 1 of 21 , Feb 1, 2010
      I used three of Andrew's programs(SVGViewer,PaintingPen, and PainitngTool). They are in development, but are good examples on what he believes would improve SVG.
      Do others agree that Vertices-Based and Contour-Based gradients should/can be included in SVG?

      Regards,
      Francis

      --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Matseevsky Wrote:---
      "I'm trying for some time implement gradients into vector graphic. There are
      at least two different variants of gradients, what might be useful. You may
      visit my site http://www.smartfills.com , where you may see some samples and
      download corresponding progs as well. It could be interesting for you, if you
      wanna to expand existing specification of SVG a little.

      A problem exists here. Current SVG specification should be expanded a little to support vertices- based gradients (and contour- based too, of course). My SVSViewer contents some sample files, intended to demonstrate which sort of additional records should be included into SVG specification."
    • israel_eisenberg
      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 12, 2012
      • fhemsher
        Message 3 of 21 , Sep 16, 2012