Re: [svg-developers] Re: IE OK - Firefox not OK

  • G. Wade Johnson
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 13, 2009
      On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 08:15:07 +1100
      Guy Morton <guy@...> wrote:

      > Don't hold your breath - they want developers to use their
      > proprietary Silverlight instead...but that's a really bad alternative
      > and only about MS trying to monopolise the market, once again.

      While that may be true, all hope for SVG is not lost for IE users.
      Microsoft was represented at the SVG Open this year, so they are
      looking at the technology again. We also have alternatives to ASV
      that are coming along. The two newest being the SVGWeb library and
      the Chrome Frame plugin.

      We've seen more recent promise for SVG on IE in many years.

      G. Wade

      > On 13/12/2009, at 6:52 PM, peterbyers1@... wrote:
      >

      > > When I made the original posting I did not know what to expect - I
      > > certainly did not expect the number of replies that came bouncing
      > > back.
      > >
      > > I have read them all carefully and followed the paths from each
      > > reply.
      > >
      > > I am much more knowledgeable as a result of them.
      > >

      > > It does not look like all browsers will render SVG in the same way
      > > anytime soon.
      > >
      > > It will be interesting to see what MS does if it really does embed
      > > SVG in IE.
      > >

      > > Thanks to all of you for your comments and advice.
      > >
      > > Pete (Northolt UK)

      Results are what you wanted, consequences are what you got.
      -- Michael VanDusen