Re: [svg-developers] Re: n00b question r/e Filters

  • Bruce Lawson
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 21, 2009
      On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 23:02:09 +0100, jeff_schiller
      <jeff_schiller@...> wrote:

      > Ok, as usually - I got to thinking.
      >
      > http://www.codedread.com/greenscreen/greenscreen.svg
      >
      > This was the best I could figure out after playing with it. This is my
      > second experiment with SVG Filters and it was kind of fun.

      wow, that's amazing. I like it when you get to thinking!

      How does it work? What I'm looking to do is
      (1) adjust the tolerance of the filter so that it makes a broader range of
      green transparent (so if there are variations in the green background due
      to slight shadows etc that will still become transparent, within a certain
      threshold)
      (2) make it "different colour screen portable" so that if it were in front
      of a blue screen, for example, I could filter that out.

      I guess I'm asking you for a pointer as to which are the magic variables
      to play around with, as there is so much going on there I don't know where
      to start.

      In your previous message you said "I haven't thought it through
      completely, but it seems like you should be able to do it. If you have any
      luck, please post a tutorial! :)"

      Do I take it that you're cool with my writing it up as a tutorial for
      Opera if I can get it all working (with appropriate attribution, of
      course?)

      bruce