Re: [svg-developers] Re: animating a shape

  • David Leunen
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 5, 2009

      > The animateTransform element seems to reset all transformations that
      > previously have been applied in the translate element

      Not all of them. Only the transformation attribute of the element itself
      (i.e the inherited transformation still apply).

      > Doesn't make sense to me, but it's consistent between the implementations I
      > tried. My feeling is that the transformations should be "relative" to the
      > existing ones.

      Maybe it's a bit counter-intuitive that the transformation is an intrinsic
      property of a svg element.
      See the examples here :
      http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/animate.html#AnimateTransformElement

      To circumvent this, do the scale animation on an additional <g> element that
      > doesn't have a transform attribute.

      yes.
      or simply use the additive="sum" (if implemented)
      but then, be careful when you zoom and unzoom. if you zoom from 1 to 1.5,
      unzooming from 1.5 to 1 in additive mode is not what you want. (1 to 0.66666
      instead)