XMLHttpRequest in IE

  • Peter Thompson
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 6, 2009
      I have some javascript in an svg file that handles async requests (XMLHttpRequest, importNode, appendChild). It works in Google Chrome.

      I've tried various things in IE 7 Adobe SVG 3.3, and can't get them to work.

      Can someone point me to an svg file that handles async requests in IE with Adobe SVG 3?
    • Francis Hemsher
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 6, 2009
        Hi Peter,
        I have a bunch of examples that use this at:
        http://www.mobiusPortal.com

        The code is available to view at each example.

        Regards,
        Francis

        --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Thompson" <plthompson2004@...> wrote:

        > I have some javascript in an svg file that handles async requests (XMLHttpRequest, importNode, appendChild). It works in Google Chrome.
        >
        > I've tried various things in IE 7 Adobe SVG 3.3, and can't get them to work.
        >
        > Can someone point me to an svg file that handles async requests in IE with Adobe SVG 3?

      • Luis Vielva
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 6, 2009
          Perhaps XMLHttpRequest will not work inside the adobe plugin (if it does not
          implement the object or allows to instantiate an activeX). I guess that you
          could always put the javascript in a html file and reference the svg file in
          a iframe tag and communicate between them via windows.parent, for example...

          --
          Luis Vielva
          Profesor Titular de Universidad