Re: online lightweight SVG editor svg-edit

  • Francis Hemsher
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 8, 2009
      --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "ddailey" <ddailey@...> wrote:
      > some of the interface issues are quite different -- the interface philosophy is more based on MacDraw. That is, the drawing tool is context sensitive. When you click on an already drawn object you select it; when you click on blank space you draw a new object. -- Apple's research indicated that this was better, I think, but that was 25-30 years ago so maybe people have changed.

      Hi David,
      Based on many years of AutoCad and messin' with SVG ;) I believe the best approach is to bring the "Active Elelment", i.e., the one being either created or edited, to the top of the workspace...above all other elements. This prevents conflicts and can easily start one element on top of another.

      My approach is to give the user very specific choices to select from before they begin to build or edit an element.

      See: http://www.mobiusportal.com/SVGtrace/svgTrace.htm
      IE+ASV3, of course.

      Regards,
      Francis