RE: [svg-developers] online lightweight SVG editor svg-edit

  • Chris Peto
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 7, 2009

      This does not work at all in IE 8 + ASV.

      Cheers,

      Chris

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 8, 2009
        @ Chris
        Please submit BUGs here -- http://code.google.com/p/svg-edit/issues/list
        --
        ┌─────────────────────────┐
        │ Narendra Sisodiya ( नरेन्द्र सिसोदिया )
        │ R&D Engineer
        │ Web : http://narendra.techfandu.org
        │ Twitter : http://tinyurl.com/dz7e4a
        └─────────────────────────┘

      • ddailey
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 8, 2009
          While you're looking at such things also take a look at
          http://srufaculty.sru.edu/david.dailey/svg/Draw018.html
          and
          http://srufaculty.sru.edu/david.dailey/svg/polylineBest.html

          some of the interface issues are quite different -- the interface philosophy is more based on MacDraw. That is, the drawing tool is context sensitive. When you click on an already drawn object you select it; when you click on blank space you draw a new object. -- Apple's research indicated that this was better, I think, but that was 25-30 years ago so maybe people have changed.

          Also, recommend that instead of saving to base 64 -- one can save to svg text. (I and my students still like prefer to be able to mock up a shape with integer coordinates and no sodipodi when we want something just to plop into a script we're developing)

          cheers

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 8, 2009
            Thanks !!
            @context sensitive : I will mail this idea to rest of developer!
            @base64 : While saving , it show svg image in url which is base64 encoded,
            but when I am save this image to local machine and opened with vi, It gives
            me svg text. It means I can edit it. I am using firefox 2.0.x.x

            On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 7:02 AM, ddailey <ddailey@...> wrote:

            > While you're looking at such things also take a look at
            > http://srufaculty.sru.edu/david.dailey/svg/Draw018.html
            > and
            > http://srufaculty.sru.edu/david.dailey/svg/polylineBest.html
            >
            > some of the interface issues are quite different -- the interface
            > philosophy is more based on MacDraw. That is, the drawing tool is context
            > sensitive. When you click on an already drawn object you select it; when you
            > click on blank space you draw a new object. -- Apple's research indicated
            > that this was better, I think, but that was 25-30 years ago so maybe people
            > have changed.
            >
            > Also, recommend that instead of saving to base 64 -- one can save to svg
            > text. (I and my students still like prefer to be able to mock up a shape
            > with integer coordinates and no sodipodi when we want something just to plop
            > into a script we're developing)
            >
            > cheers
            > David

            ┌─────────────────────────┐
            │ Narendra Sisodiya ( नरेन्द्र सिसोदिया )
            │ R&D Engineer
            │ Web : http://narendra.techfandu.org
            │ Twitter : http://tinyurl.com/dz7e4a
            └─────────────────────────┘

          • Francis Hemsher
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 8, 2009
              --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "ddailey" <ddailey@...> wrote:
              > some of the interface issues are quite different -- the interface philosophy is more based on MacDraw. That is, the drawing tool is context sensitive. When you click on an already drawn object you select it; when you click on blank space you draw a new object. -- Apple's research indicated that this was better, I think, but that was 25-30 years ago so maybe people have changed.

              Hi David,
              Based on many years of AutoCad and messin' with SVG ;) I believe the best approach is to bring the "Active Elelment", i.e., the one being either created or edited, to the top of the workspace...above all other elements. This prevents conflicts and can easily start one element on top of another.

              My approach is to give the user very specific choices to select from before they begin to build or edit an element.

              See: http://www.mobiusportal.com/SVGtrace/svgTrace.htm
              IE+ASV3, of course.

              Regards,
              Francis