online lightweight SVG editor svg-edit

  • narendra sisodiya
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 4 4:40 AM
      Hi All !
      Here is a online svg editor - svg-edit
      Demo : http://gk2.sk/svg-edit/
      Code : http://code.google.com/p/svg-edit/
      Blog : http://stick.gk2.sk/blog/2009/06/svg-edit-a-web-based-svg-editor/
      Recently we have released version2.0
      you can submit issue/bug to projects here --
      http://code.google.com/p/svg-edit/issues/list

      --
      ┌─────────────────────────┐
      │ Narendra Sisodiya ( नरेन्द्र सिसोदिया )

    • Chris Peto
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 7 11:59 PM
        Hi,

        This does not work at all in IE 8 + ASV.

        Cheers,

        Chris

        you can submit issue/bug to projects here --
        http://code.google.com/p/svg-edit/issues/list

        --
        ┌─────────────────────────┐
        │ Narendra Sisodiya ( नरेन्द्र सिसोदिया )
        │ R&D Engineer
        │ Web : http://narendra.techfandu.org
        │ Twitter : http://tinyurl.com/dz7e4a
        └─────────────────────────┘

        .

        <http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=1298421/grpspId=1706030389/msgId=62375/stime=1244115672/nc1=1/nc2=2/nc3=3>

      • narendra sisodiya
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 8 12:09 AM
          @ Chris
          Please submit BUGs here -- http://code.google.com/p/svg-edit/issues/list
          --
          ┌─────────────────────────┐
          │ Narendra Sisodiya ( नरेन्द्र सिसोदिया )
          │ R&D Engineer
          │ Web : http://narendra.techfandu.org
          │ Twitter : http://tinyurl.com/dz7e4a
          └─────────────────────────┘

        • ddailey
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 8 6:32 PM
            While you're looking at such things also take a look at
            http://srufaculty.sru.edu/david.dailey/svg/Draw018.html
            and
            http://srufaculty.sru.edu/david.dailey/svg/polylineBest.html

            some of the interface issues are quite different -- the interface philosophy is more based on MacDraw. That is, the drawing tool is context sensitive. When you click on an already drawn object you select it; when you click on blank space you draw a new object. -- Apple's research indicated that this was better, I think, but that was 25-30 years ago so maybe people have changed.

            Also, recommend that instead of saving to base 64 -- one can save to svg text. (I and my students still like prefer to be able to mock up a shape with integer coordinates and no sodipodi when we want something just to plop into a script we're developing)

            cheers

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 8 10:05 PM
              Thanks !!
              @context sensitive : I will mail this idea to rest of developer!
              @base64 : While saving , it show svg image in url which is base64 encoded,
              but when I am save this image to local machine and opened with vi, It gives
              me svg text. It means I can edit it. I am using firefox 2.0.x.x

              On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 7:02 AM, ddailey <ddailey@...> wrote:

              > While you're looking at such things also take a look at
              > http://srufaculty.sru.edu/david.dailey/svg/Draw018.html
              > and
              > http://srufaculty.sru.edu/david.dailey/svg/polylineBest.html
              >
              > some of the interface issues are quite different -- the interface
              > philosophy is more based on MacDraw. That is, the drawing tool is context
              > sensitive. When you click on an already drawn object you select it; when you
              > click on blank space you draw a new object. -- Apple's research indicated
              > that this was better, I think, but that was 25-30 years ago so maybe people
              > have changed.
              >
              > Also, recommend that instead of saving to base 64 -- one can save to svg
              > text. (I and my students still like prefer to be able to mock up a shape
              > with integer coordinates and no sodipodi when we want something just to plop
              > into a script we're developing)
              >
              > cheers
              > David

              ┌─────────────────────────┐
              │ Narendra Sisodiya ( नरेन्द्र सिसोदिया )
              │ R&D Engineer
              │ Web : http://narendra.techfandu.org
              │ Twitter : http://tinyurl.com/dz7e4a
              └─────────────────────────┘

            • Francis Hemsher
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 8 11:34 PM
                --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "ddailey" <ddailey@...> wrote:
                > some of the interface issues are quite different -- the interface philosophy is more based on MacDraw. That is, the drawing tool is context sensitive. When you click on an already drawn object you select it; when you click on blank space you draw a new object. -- Apple's research indicated that this was better, I think, but that was 25-30 years ago so maybe people have changed.

                Hi David,
                Based on many years of AutoCad and messin' with SVG ;) I believe the best approach is to bring the "Active Elelment", i.e., the one being either created or edited, to the top of the workspace...above all other elements. This prevents conflicts and can easily start one element on top of another.

                My approach is to give the user very specific choices to select from before they begin to build or edit an element.

                See: http://www.mobiusportal.com/SVGtrace/svgTrace.htm
                IE+ASV3, of course.

                Regards,
                Francis