Re: Renesis Player v3 Alpha

  • Helder Magalhães
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 20, 2009
      Hi Alex,

      > Please have a look at one of my previous mails in this group.
      > The bugs have been removed from the official bug-tracker to keep it
      > clean for the new release but they *have been put* into our
      > internal bug tracker. This means that we *are* testing against
      > those bugs of course, however there're simply a lot of things not
      > supported in V3 Alpha yet so we cannot test against them until
      > they're implemented.

      Well, I really agree with Jeff on this (although I had somehow stated this previously within this thread). Simply deleting issues is not acceptable and I guess you will be causing a lot more discomfort to your user base: guess what will happen when one discovers a bug that has disappeared (to me this means "closed" as in "fixed" or "invalid") but it's still reproducible in version 3.x...

      After spending a considerable amount of time debugging 1.x for *free* to see all the effort being now deleted without prior notice, added to the overall feeling of regression for 3.x, are making me wonder whether will I be donating anymore to Renesis... :-(

      > But we also do _not_ want to bring up confusions with the
      > previous version.

      How about:
      * Create a new version 3.x in the bug tracker and set it as the default for new reports;
      * Filter out 1.x bugs by default.
      Sounded like pretty trivial and wouldn't cause this sort of mess. If you had asked for any feedback prior to start the "bug mayhem", probably someone would have suggested this...

      > Hope that clears up things a bit,

      My apologies if being frontal causes any discomfort to the Renesis team. Please consider reverting this,

      Helder Magalhães