Re: [svg-developers] convert jpg to svg

  • Andrew Matseevsky
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 10, 2009
      You normally need to use a tool that can "trace" the raster image to turn it
      into vector graphics. Inkscape 0.46 bundles this capability. It's under Path
      -> Trace Bitmap. If you want a commercial tool, then I think Adobe
      Illustrator has a feature called LiveTrace for that purpose.

      Jake

      On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 1:18 PM, dpmen hajeb <hajebmen@yahoo. fr> wrote:

      > I have a jpg image, and I want to convert it into an image with svg
      > pure and accepted.
      > Thank you for your help

      Try RaveGrid, for example. But, if you need convert a photorealistic image to SVG, you'll be disappointed. I do not know about converter, what supports gradient fills. Usual converter converts a region, painted with non-constant color to set of small pieces. It means huge number of contours, what are not exist in a source raster.

      Вы уже с Yahoo!?
      Испытайте обновленную и улучшенную. Yahoo! Почту! http://ru.mail.yahoo.com