SVG 3D Transforms Spec Published, Along with CSS Specs

  • Doug Schepers
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 20, 2009
      Hey, SVG Fans-

      A news item that might be of interest to you:
      http://www.w3.org/News/2009#item38

      [[
      Exploring Richer Web Content Authoring with CSS and SVG: Five First
      Public Drafts

      2009-03-20: The CSS and SVG Working Groups delivered today five new
      specifications for public review, aimed at enabling more compelling
      content creation with open Web technologies. The five drafts are: SVG
      Transforms 1.0, Part 2: Language, CSS 2D Transforms Module Level 3, CSS
      3D Transforms Module Level 3, CSS Animations Module Level 3, and CSS
      Transitions Module Level 3. SVG Transforms allows two-dimensional
      objects to be transformed using three-dimensional transformations. CSS
      2D Transforms allows elements rendered by CSS to be transformed in
      two-dimensional space. CSS 3D Transforms extends CSS Transforms to allow
      elements rendered by CSS to be transformed in three-dimensional space.
      CSS Animations allow an author to modify CSS property values over time.
      CSS Transitions allows property changes in CSS values to occur smoothly
      over a specified duration. The groups are working closely together to
      make implementing and authoring these features easy and consistent
      across Web languages. Learn more about the Style Activity and Graphics
      Activity.
      ]]

      Regards-
      -Doug
    • G. Wade Johnson
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 21, 2009
        Hi Doug,

        On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 15:36:42 -0400
        Doug Schepers <doug@...> wrote:

        > Hey, SVG Fans-
        >
        > A news item that might be of interest to you:
        > http://www.w3.org/News/2009#item38
        >
        > [[
        > Exploring Richer Web Content Authoring with CSS and SVG: Five First
        > Public Drafts
        >
        > 2009-03-20: The CSS and SVG Working Groups delivered today five new
        > specifications for public review, aimed at enabling more compelling
        > content creation with open Web technologies. The five drafts are: SVG
        > Transforms 1.0, Part 2: Language, CSS 2D Transforms Module Level 3,
        > CSS 3D Transforms Module Level 3, CSS Animations Module Level 3, and
        > CSS Transitions Module Level 3. SVG Transforms allows two-dimensional
        > objects to be transformed using three-dimensional transformations.
        > CSS 2D Transforms allows elements rendered by CSS to be transformed
        > in two-dimensional space. CSS 3D Transforms extends CSS Transforms to
        > allow elements rendered by CSS to be transformed in three-dimensional
        > space. CSS Animations allow an author to modify CSS property values
        > over time. CSS Transitions allows property changes in CSS values to
        > occur smoothly over a specified duration. The groups are working
        > closely together to make implementing and authoring these features
        > easy and consistent across Web languages. Learn more about the Style
        > Activity and Graphics Activity.
        > ]]

        I'm sure this is probably obvious, but I can't see it.

        How do we comment on the proposed spec?

        G. Wade
        --
        The three principal virtues of a programmer are Laziness, Impatience,
        and Hubris. -- Larry Wall
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 21, 2009
          Hi, Wade-

          G. Wade Johnson wrote (on 3/21/09 11:16 AM):

          > I'm sure this is probably obvious, but I can't see it.
          >
          > How do we comment on the proposed spec?

          Please send all comments to www-svg@..., prefaced with the word
          "[Transforms]" (that makes comments easier to track).

          FYI, you can always find the comment list in any W3C spec in the "Status
          of This Document" section, which should always have the id of
          "status"... in this instance:
          http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG-Transforms/#status

          W3C is redesigning the site, so maybe we can make it more clear.

          Regards-
          -Doug