Re: [svg-developers] More on WebKit, CSS Animation and SVG

  • Charles McCathieNevile
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 2, 2009
      On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 20:18:10 +0100, Harry Underwood
      <raynenamibia@...> wrote:

      > Oh, and Erik Dahlström from Opera as well in a separate cross-post
      > thread.
      > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2009Feb/0034.html
      >
      > Hopefully, some new ideas can come out of this discussion.

      Yeah. To be clear, we are asking these questions because we have
      implemented this to figure out what is still not clear, and we think it
      needs to be sorted out before we can consider this stuff mature enough for
      anything more than experimental work.

      cheers

      Chaals

      > Harry
      >
      > On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 2:15 PM, Harry Underwood
      > <raynenamibia@...>wrote:
      >
      >> I can't find much through Google except through WebKit's blog (maybe
      >> look
      >> through their planet aggregator?), but they're currently discussing
      >> things
      >> on both www-style and www-svg, with Dave Hyatt from Apple joining in.
      >> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2009Feb/0032.html
      >> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2009Feb/0678.html
      >>
      >> Harry
      >>

      >> On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 8:26 PM, ddailey <ddailey@...>
      >> wrote:
      >>
      >>> Very interesting, Harry. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
      >>>
      >>> Can someone recommend a place to read up on the CSS animation modules?
      >>>
      >>> I'm quite interested to know about this potential overlap of purview
      >>> between it and SMIL.
      >>>
      >>> regards
      >>> David

      Charles McCathieNevile Opera Software, Standards Group
      http://my.opera.com/chaals Try Opera: http://www.opera.com
    • David Leunen
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 2, 2009
        Hi SVG developers,

        they're currently discussing things
        > on both www-style and www-svg
        > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2009Feb/0032.html
        > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2009Feb/0678.html

        On this thread one idea seems to show unanimity :

        Dave Hyatt wrote :

        > if you resize a window that contains a width:auto or width:100% block for
        > example. Obviously you don't want to run a transition in that case

        [...]

        > The user probably doesn't want such changes to animate, either - when I
        > resize a window, I expect everything to resize in sync.

        Is it this so obvious for you developers too ? I'm curious to know your
        opinions.
        Setting a transition on a css property is like saying that property should
        not react immediately, but should react "lazily" instead.
        Do you expect a transitioned (e.g width) property to be lazy all the time
        (even when the user resizes the window) or not ?