Re: [svg-developers] SVG in Firefox

  • Dan Hardison
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 5, 2009
      Thanks! Is there any way I can change that? Its just a free web page provided by my ISP. I doubt if I have much control over it. But if I can modify my page somehow to fix it I will.

      Dan

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 5, 2009
        Haha, that's cool, I didn't know you could do that,

        Jake

        Robert Longson wrote:

        > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com
        > <mailto:svg-developers%40yahoogroups.com>, narendra sisodiya
        > <narendra.sisodiya@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > How you checked that content type is wrong, I use firebug but unable to
        > > locate such details,,
        > >

        > You don't need any add-ons for this.
        >
        > Tools->Page Info
        >
        > Then look at the Type field.
        >
        > Best regards
        >
        > Robert

      • G. Wade Johnson
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 6, 2009
          On Thu, 5 Feb 2009 14:16:08 -0800 (PST)
          Dan Hardison <hardisondan@...> wrote:

          > Thanks! Is there any way I can change that? Its just a free web page
          > provided by my ISP. I doubt if I have much control over it. But if I
          > can modify my page somehow to fix it I will.

          The SVG Wiki has a page on this: http://wiki.svg.org/MIME_Type. Samuel
          Dagan already provided it.

          You can ask your ISP if they can fix the mime-types for the whole site.
          It's not likely they would help, but it's worth a try. Otherwise, you
          can use the advice on the Wiki to set the type for the directory where
          your SVG lives.

          HTH,
          G. Wade

          --
          If a cluttered desk is the sign of a cluttered mind, what is the
          significance of a clean desk? -- Laurence J. Peter
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 6, 2009
            --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "G. Wade Johnson" <gwadej@...>
            wrote:

            > [] Otherwise, you can use the advice on the Wiki to set the type
            > for the directory where your SVG lives.
            >
            > HTH,

            If my ISP is anything to go by, they will not let you do that either.
            I came to the conclusion that the problem is that SVG does not yet
            appear to be an ICAN approved MIME type. Can anyone explain why not? I
            thought it had been going through the process months ago.