Re: [svg-developers] SVG in Firefox

  • Dan Hardison
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 5, 2009
      Thanks! Is there any way I can change that? Its just a free web page provided by my ISP. I doubt if I have much control over it. But if I can modify my page somehow to fix it I will.

      Dan

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 5, 2009
        --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, narendra sisodiya
        <narendra.sisodiya@...> wrote:

        > How you checked that content type is wrong, I use firebug but unable to
        > locate such details,,

        You don't need any add-ons for this.

        Tools->Page Info

        Then look at the Type field.

        Best regards

        Robert
      • Jake Beard
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 5, 2009
          Haha, that's cool, I didn't know you could do that,

          Jake

          Robert Longson wrote:

          > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com
          > <mailto:svg-developers%40yahoogroups.com>, narendra sisodiya
          > <narendra.sisodiya@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > How you checked that content type is wrong, I use firebug but unable to
          > > locate such details,,
          > >

          > You don't need any add-ons for this.
          >
          > Tools->Page Info
          >
          > Then look at the Type field.
          >
          > Best regards
          >
          > Robert

        • G. Wade Johnson
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 6, 2009
            On Thu, 5 Feb 2009 14:16:08 -0800 (PST)
            Dan Hardison <hardisondan@...> wrote:

            > Thanks! Is there any way I can change that? Its just a free web page
            > provided by my ISP. I doubt if I have much control over it. But if I
            > can modify my page somehow to fix it I will.

            The SVG Wiki has a page on this: http://wiki.svg.org/MIME_Type. Samuel
            Dagan already provided it.

            You can ask your ISP if they can fix the mime-types for the whole site.
            It's not likely they would help, but it's worth a try. Otherwise, you
            can use the advice on the Wiki to set the type for the directory where
            your SVG lives.

            HTH,
            G. Wade

            --
            If a cluttered desk is the sign of a cluttered mind, what is the
            significance of a clean desk? -- Laurence J. Peter
            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 6, 2009
              --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "G. Wade Johnson" <gwadej@...>
              wrote:

              > [] Otherwise, you can use the advice on the Wiki to set the type
              > for the directory where your SVG lives.
              >
              > HTH,

              If my ISP is anything to go by, they will not let you do that either.
              I came to the conclusion that the problem is that SVG does not yet
              appear to be an ICAN approved MIME type. Can anyone explain why not? I
              thought it had been going through the process months ago.