Re: abobe plugin as an activex control in vb or c++ application

  • Don XML
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4 7:21 PM
      The new Adobe SVG Viewer is late bound, but the APIs are still there. So
      you can't use things like the Object Browser to "see" the interfaces. Adobe
      dropped the early binding because in the web browser the viewer is late
      bound anyway, it just add size abd complexity to the viewer. If you are use
      to writing script against the control, the VB code will be very similar. I
      just tested version 3 of the viewer in VB.NET and it seems to work fine.
      It's just that you are a bit blind without documentation and without the
      ability to view the APIs thru the Object Browser. I've only had time to
      test my scripts, but I haven't found a problem yet.

      Don XML

      Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then
      do it.