Skip to search.

Re: SVG in Firefox

  • Samuel Dagan
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 5, 2009
      Hi Narenda,
      Have a look at http://wiki.svg.org/MIME_Type .
      You'll find there the required information.
      Cheers, Samy

      --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, narendra sisodiya

      http://people.aapt.net.au/~AAPT_12950709/index.htm<http://people.aapt.net.au/%7EAAPT_12950709/index.htm>

      http://people.aapt.net.au/~AAPT_12950709/graph.svg<http://people.aapt.net.au/%7EAAPT_12950709/graph.svg>
      > > > <http://people.aapt.net.au/%7EAAPT_12950709/graph.svg>
      > > >
      > > > it just shows the SVG code and doesnt render the image.
      > > >
      > > > I havent tried any other browsers.
      > > >
      > > > Any advice appreciated.
      > >
      > > Firefox is correct.
      > >
      > > Your webserver is returning the wrong content type for SVG. It's
      > > returning "text/plain" instead of "image/svg+xml".
      > >
      > > G. Wade
      > >

      > How you checked that content type is wrong, I use firebug but unable to
      > locate such details,,
      >
      > --
      > â"Œâ"€â"€â"€â"€â"€â"€â"€â"€â"€â"€â"€â"€â"€â"€â"€â"€â"€â"€â"€â"€â"€â"€â"€â"€â"€â"
      > â"‚ Narendra Sisodiya ( नरेन्द्र सिसोदिया )
      > â"‚ R&D Engineer
      > â"‚ http://narendra.techfandu.org
      > â""â"€â"€â"€â"€â"€â"€â"€â"€â"€â"€â"€â"€â"€â"€â"€â"€â"€â"€â"€â"€â"€â"€â"€â"€â"€â"˜

    • Guy Morton
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 5, 2009
        Look at the headers sent by the web server.

      • Dan Hardison
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 5, 2009
          Thanks! Is there any way I can change that? Its just a free web page provided by my ISP. I doubt if I have much control over it. But if I can modify my page somehow to fix it I will.

          Dan

          ________________________________
          > Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong here?
          >
          > If you click on this link:
          >
          > http://people. aapt.net. au/~AAPT_ 12950709/ index.htm
          > <http://people. aapt.net. au/%7EAAPT_ 12950709/ index.htm>
          >
          > In IE6 and 7, it takes you to the Adobe SVG viewer download and after
          > that seems to work fine.
          >
          > In Firefox, where I thought SVG support was native, it doesnt work. It
          > doesnt seem to find the viewer to download.
          >
          > And if you go straight to the SVG file like this:
          >
          > http://people. aapt.net. au/~AAPT_ 12950709/ graph.svg
          > <http://people. aapt.net. au/%7EAAPT_ 12950709/ graph.svg>
          >
          > it just shows the SVG code and doesnt render the image.
          >
          > I havent tried any other browsers.
          >
          > Any advice appreciated.

          Firefox is correct.

          Your webserver is returning the wrong content type for SVG. It's
          returning "text/plain" instead of "image/svg+xml" .

          G. Wade
          --
          There are 2 possible outcomes: If the result confirms the hypothesis,
          then you've made a measurement. If the result is contrary to the

          Make Yahoo!7 your homepage and win a trip to the Quiksilver Pro. Find out more

        • Robert Longson
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 5, 2009
            <narendra.sisodiya@...> wrote:

            > How you checked that content type is wrong, I use firebug but unable to
            > locate such details,,

            You don't need any add-ons for this.

            Tools->Page Info

            Then look at the Type field.

            Best regards

            Robert
          • Jake Beard
            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 5, 2009
              Haha, that's cool, I didn't know you could do that,

              Jake

              Robert Longson wrote:

              > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com
              > <mailto:svg-developers%40yahoogroups.com>, narendra sisodiya
              > <narendra.sisodiya@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > How you checked that content type is wrong, I use firebug but unable to
              > > locate such details,,
              > >

              > You don't need any add-ons for this.
              >
              > Tools->Page Info
              >
              > Then look at the Type field.
              >
              > Best regards
              >
              > Robert

            • G. Wade Johnson
              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 6, 2009
                On Thu, 5 Feb 2009 14:16:08 -0800 (PST)
                Dan Hardison <hardisondan@...> wrote:

                > Thanks! Is there any way I can change that? Its just a free web page
                > provided by my ISP. I doubt if I have much control over it. But if I
                > can modify my page somehow to fix it I will.

                The SVG Wiki has a page on this: http://wiki.svg.org/MIME_Type. Samuel
                Dagan already provided it.

                You can ask your ISP if they can fix the mime-types for the whole site.
                It's not likely they would help, but it's worth a try. Otherwise, you
                can use the advice on the Wiki to set the type for the directory where
                your SVG lives.

                HTH,
                G. Wade

                --
                If a cluttered desk is the sign of a cluttered mind, what is the
                significance of a clean desk? -- Laurence J. Peter
                Message 7 of 17 , Feb 6, 2009
                  --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "G. Wade Johnson" <gwadej@...>
                  wrote:

                  > [] Otherwise, you can use the advice on the Wiki to set the type
                  > for the directory where your SVG lives.
                  >
                  > HTH,

                  If my ISP is anything to go by, they will not let you do that either.
                  I came to the conclusion that the problem is that SVG does not yet
                  appear to be an ICAN approved MIME type. Can anyone explain why not? I
                  thought it had been going through the process months ago.