Safari 3.2.1

  • Richard Pearman
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2009

      I've just installed Safari 3.2.1. I've tested it with
      http://www.pixelpalaces.com/dk/toh5.svgz and it seemed to behave the
      same as the previous version (or at least the last one I tested: 3.1.2
      (525.21)). This means no support for SMIL, filters or using SVG(Z)
      files in images (why is this so difficult - I'd have thought this could
      be acheived much the same was as an internal svg element?).

      Does anybody know if there are any significant changes in how this
      version handles SVG?

      Richard Pearman http://www.pixelpalaces.com/
      The next stage in the evolution of web comics:
      http://www.onlinecomics.net/pages/details/listing.php?comicID=4415
      Read my Helium articles: http://www.helium.com/users/212199
      South Alberta Cactus and succulent society:
      http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=20360241008
    • Helder Magalhães
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 4, 2009
        > http://www.pixelpalaces.com/dk/toh5.svgz

        Link seems broken...

        > Does anybody know if there are any significant changes in how this
        > version handles SVG?

        Safari 3.2.1 was only a security update over 3.2 [1]. Usually, no
        features are added in bug fix releases (usually, software versioning
        [2] follows "major.minor.bugfix") - although you may see those things
        as broken (i.e., bugs), probably they will only be addressed in
        version 4 [1] (although I haven't dig for major details on that, I
        recall something about plans for enabling SMIL at that point, but it
        may be my memory tricking me).

        Regards,

        Helder Magalhães

        [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safari_(web_browser)