Re: [svg-developers] Are glyph-name lists comma or space separated?

  • Cameron McCormack
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2009
      Hi Frank.

      Frank Bruder:
      > The SVG Tiny 1.2 Draft defines the attributes glyph-name, g1, and g2
      > to be of the format
      > "<list-of-strings>"
      > which in the Basic Data Types section is defined as white space
      > separated:
      > "A <list-of-strings> consists of a separated sequence of <string>s.
      > String lists are white space-separated, where white space is defined
      > as one or more of the following consecutive characters: "space" (U
      > +0020), "tab" (U+0009), "line feed" (U+000A) and "carriage return" (U
      > +000D)."
      >
      > With comma separated lists kerning works in Apache Batik, the Adobe
      > SVG Viewer, and (though not always correctly) in Opera, and from my
      > understanding this behavior is standards compliant and should remain
      > so for backwards compatibility.
      > Other opinions?

      I agree with your summary. At first glance, this seems like an
      accidental incompatibility. I’ve raised
      http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2194 with the WG, which,
      if agreed to, will result in an erratum being published for SVG Tiny 1.2.

      Thanks,

      Cameron

      --
      Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/