3D Graphics in SVG

  • Rakesh Agarwal
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2009
      Hi All,

      Is it possible to represent 3D graphics in SVG ? Is there a tool to convert some of the standard 3D graphics formats into SVG

      - Rakesh

    • Kenneth Nellis
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2009
        Rakesh: Glad you asked! This is my current interest: using SVG to
        present 3D graphics. See the following page where I have both some
        stereo pairs and some anaglyphs (for which you need a pair of those
        red/cyan 3D glasses):

        http://homepage.mac.com/nellisks/stereo_svg/

        Not being aware of a tool to do these projections, I wrote my own (C+
        +) command-line tool to do the projections and create the SVGs.

        �Ken Nellis

        On Jan 3, 2009, at 11:07 AM, svg-developers@yahoogroups.com wrote:

        > 3D Graphics in SVG
        > Posted by: "Rakesh Agarwal" raks35@... raks35
        > Sat Jan 3, 2009 2:10 am (PST)
        >
        > Hi All,
        >
        > Is it possible to represent 3D graphics in SVG ? Is there a tool to
        > convert some of the standard 3D graphics formats into SVG
        >
        > - Rakesh

      • Kenneth Nellis
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 3, 2009
          As I have asked the list moderator with no response, I wonder if
          someone can tell how to prevent getting the following e-mail response
          to each post I make. svg-in-daisy?
          —Ken Nellis

          On Jan 3, 2009, at 6:36 PM, Lyris ListManager wrote:

          > Sorry, but Lyris ListManager did not find your email address
          > -> "nellisks@..."
          >
          > listed as a member of svg-in-daisy.
          >
          > Only members of svg-in-daisy are allowed to contribute messages.
          >
          > Because Lyris ListManager could not confirm that you are a member
          > of svg-in-daisy, your message was not accepted.
        • Frank Bruder
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 3, 2009
            There's SVG-VML-3D, a Javascript library for 3D graphics which uses
            SVG (or in IE VML) for displaying:
            <http://www.lutanho.net/svgvml3d/>

            I've described my own idea of what an X3D to SVG converter could do
            in a blog entry:
            <http://de.blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-rW.z7QIjfqIuNkZiEK3N?p=75>
            But I'm not actually working at that yet.

            Regards
            Frank

            --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Rakesh Agarwal <raks35@...>