addEventListener Not working in mozilla

  • chandra reddy
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2009
      Dear all

      I have used following code to add event listner, it is working in IE but not in Mozilla
      if any body knows solution please let me know.

      //
        var newUseEl = document.createElementNS(svgNS,"use");
                             newUseEl.setAttributeNS(null,"id",'refp1');
                             newUseEl.setAttributeNS(null,"x",p);
                             newUseEl.setAttributeNS(null,"y",s);
                             newUseEl.setAttributeNS(xlinkNS,"href","#s01");
                             newUseEl.setAttributeNS(null,"visibility",'visible');
                             newUseEl.addEventListener("click",del,true);
                       document.getElementById("contents").appendChild(newUseEl);
                          object.setAttribute('visibility','visible');

      thanks in advace
      P chandra shaker reddy

    • Frank Bruder
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2009
        The question is, what is del? What does it do?
        Since you set the event listener at a use element I think it is
        probably a problem with event.target vs. event.currentTarget. Is
        anything reported on the error console when you click at the element?
        You can try putting an alert right as the first command in the event
        handler. If the alert window appears then you know that the event
        listener registration was successful, and the problem is in your event
        handler.

        --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, chandra reddy <pcr_reddy@...>
        wrote:

        > Dear all
        >
        > I have used following code to add event listner, it is working in IE
        but not in Mozilla
        > if any body knows solution please let me know.
        >
        > //
        > var newUseEl = document.createElementNS(svgNS,"use");
        > newUseEl.setAttributeNS(null,"id",'refp1');
        > newUseEl.setAttributeNS(null,"x",p);
        > newUseEl.setAttributeNS(null,"y",s);
        > newUseEl.setAttributeNS(xlinkNS,"href","#s01");

        newUseEl.setAttributeNS(null,"visibility",'visible');
        > newUseEl.addEventListener("click",del,true);

        document.getElementById("contents").appendChild(newUseEl);
        > object.setAttribute('visibility','visible');
        >
        > thanks in advace
        > P chandra shaker reddy

      • chandra reddy
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 4, 2009
          Thanks for your reply.

          the same code is working fine in IE, so there is no problem with code. when i use this code to mozilla
          the event listner "del" is not at all invoking.can you  help me out please.

          thanks in advance
          P.Chandra Shaker Reddy

          ________________________________

          wrote:

          > Dear all
          >
          > I have used following code to add event listner, it is working in IE
          but not in Mozilla
          > if any body knows solution please let me know.
          >
          > //
          > var newUseEl = document.createElem entNS(svgNS, "use");
          > newUseEl.setAttribu teNS(null, "id",'refp1' );
          > newUseEl.setAttribu teNS(null, "x",p);
          > newUseEl.setAttribu teNS(null, "y",s);
          > newUseEl.setAttribu teNS(xlinkNS, "href","# s01");

          newUseEl.setAttribu teNS(null, "visibility" ,'visible' );
          > newUseEl.addEventLi stener("click" ,del,true) ;

          document.getElement ById("contents" ).appendChild( newUseEl) ;
          > object.setAttribute ('visibility' ,'visible' );
          >
          > thanks in advace
          > P chandra shaker reddy

        • Frank Bruder
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 6, 2009
            I've created a test file which uses the exact same code you posted
            here, and for me it worked fine in Firefox 3.0.4 for Linux. I can't
            send attachments over the list, but I'll send the file to you directly
            in a separate mail. Tell me whether this stripped down test case works
            for you or not. If it does not then the problem must be specific to
            the Mozilla version or the operating system you use, because for me it
            works.

            Regards
            Frank