Re: [svg-developers] Google working on Javascript drop-in enabling SVG on IE

  • Brad Neuberg
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 28, 2008
      Hi Stelton I'm working on this here at Google as part of a group
      focused on Open Web Advocacy. I'm using Flash to do the rendering and
      tricks with an Internet Explorer technology called Behaviors to
      support both static and JavaScript scriptable dynamic SVG. It will be
      open source. I'm working with James Hight (Zavoo Labs) on it. I
      probably have about 6 more months of work - I'm not completely ready
      to be public yet. I'll post more details as things firm up. One other
      aspect of the library is it allows you to embed SVG into normal non-
      XHTML on all browsers (the browsers native SVG support is used on all
      browsers except for IE). I identfied the inability to embed SVG into
      normal HTML as one of SVGs impediments to adoption so the library
      helps with that as well.

      One thing I'm looking for are good launch partners using SVG and the
      shim we are creating when things are ready to go public and launch.
      When the library is launched I'd like to have a good set of launch
      partners to help bring awareness and credibility to SVG and the
      library, especially from large well known companies and projects. Feel
      free to email me about this if you are interested and can help with
      this!

      My group here at Google is completely focused on helping to raise
      awareness, adoption, and capability of Open Web technologies like SVG,
      HTML 5, the Canvas tag, open video codecs, etc. My background is open
      source and open web, with a focus on generally tricking existing
      browsers into doing newer things with JaaScript libraries. More info
      on the things you can blame me for at http://Codinginparadise.org/about

      Other members of my team here at Google pursuing different Open Web
      directions includes Patrick Chanezon; Mark Pilgrim; Maile Ohye; Ben
      Lisbakken; and Austin Chau.

      Happy New Year!

      On Dec 28, 2008, at 6:53 AM, "steltenpower" <yahoo@...>
      wrote: