Re: errors with getURL in ASV3+MSIE8b2

  • Helder Magalhães
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 29, 2008
      > the error takes place all the time EXCEPT IF i load the file in a
      > blank tab. reloading it or loading a new file with similar functions
      > in the open tab leads to the stack-memory error message as if getURL
      > has been "consumed" perennially in the tab...

      Weird... :-| I haven't tested IE8b2 yet but I don't recall this
      behavior in IE8b1 - maybe it is a (temporary) regression? Of course
      this could have slipped through my tests, which were not very through
      due to the early beta state of IE8 at the time.

      Nevertheless, I'd like to share I've also experienced few
      inconsistencies in IE's tab behavior (not only in IE8 but also in IE7)
      which makes me suspect there are optimizations/specific tweaks which
      are only triggered when more than a tab is active. Further
      investigation is required to prove this, of course. ;-)

      Regards,

      Helder Magalhães