new SVG Editor

  • Tiago Cardoso
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 3, 2008
      Hello all,
      We at inEvo (http://inevo.pt) are developing a SVG framework for
      actionscript. This framework allow us to create Rich Internet Applications
      to create or maipulate SVG drawing and elements. Applications to create
      top-view interior designs and also Bars, concerts and events planners are
      some of the possibilities.
      Meanwhile, we are doing a SVG Editor. The first preview is available at
      http://blog.tiagocardoso.eu/mainada/comics-sketch/2008/11/02/svg-editor-preview/

      I'll be posting a live demo of it soon on the same blog. This would be
      useful to create SVG code quickly without resourcing to heavy applications
      like inkscape, so you can test on your own SVG applications.
      Could you send any feedback regarding this preview and any opinions ?

      Thanks to all of you.
      Best regards,

      Tiago Cardoso

    • Jake Beard
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 3, 2008
        Wow, very impressive! I like the pattern matching component that lets
        you transform paths into basic shapes. It also seems quite fast,
        certainly much faster than the other pure JavaScript-and-SVG editors
        I've seen. I'm looking forward to the live demo,

        Jake

        On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 7:15 PM, Tiago Cardoso <tiago.cardoso@...> wrote:
        > Hello all,
        > We at inEvo (http://inevo.pt) are developing a SVG framework for
        > actionscript. This framework allow us to create Rich Internet Applications
        > to create or maipulate SVG drawing and elements. Applications to create
        > top-view interior designs and also Bars, concerts and events planners are
        > some of the possibilities.
        > Meanwhile, we are doing a SVG Editor. The first preview is available at
        > http://blog.tiagocardoso.eu/mainada/comics-sketch/2008/11/02/svg-editor-preview/
        >
        > I'll be posting a live demo of it soon on the same blog. This would be
        > useful to create SVG code quickly without resourcing to heavy applications
        > like inkscape, so you can test on your own SVG applications.
        > Could you send any feedback regarding this preview and any opinions ?
        >
        > Thanks to all of you.
        > Best regards,
        >
        > Tiago Cardoso

      • veiko herne
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 4, 2008
          Fantastic!!!
          Nice tool that I would use instead of Corel.
          Do you support other elements besides path?
          I hope that it does not generate unnesseary meta statements to SVG output file like Corel does?
          When it will be released as first beta and how much the license could cost?

          Veiko

          http://veikoh.wordpress.com

          > actionscript. This framework allow us to create Rich
          > Internet Applications
          > to create or maipulate SVG drawing and elements.
          > Applications to create
          > top-view interior designs and also Bars, concerts and
          > events planners are
          > some of the possibilities.
          > Meanwhile, we are doing a SVG Editor. The first preview is
          > available at
          > http://blog.tiagocardoso.eu/mainada/comics-sketch/2008/11/02/svg-editor-preview/
          >
          > I'll be posting a live demo of it soon on the same
          > blog. This would be
          > useful to create SVG code quickly without resourcing to
          > heavy applications
          > like inkscape, so you can test on your own SVG
          > applications.
          > Could you send any feedback regarding this preview and any
          > opinions ?
          >
          > Thanks to all of you.
          > Best regards,
          >
          > Tiago Cardoso

        • Andreas Neumann
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 4, 2008
            hm - I don't see anything - except an empty box saying "Plugin
            content"

            Is this built on some browser plugin not available on my computer?

            Andreas

            --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Tiago Cardoso"
            <tiago.cardoso@...> wrote:

            > Hello all,
            > We at inEvo (http://inevo.pt) are developing a SVG framework for
            > actionscript. This framework allow us to create Rich Internet
            Applications
            > to create or maipulate SVG drawing and elements. Applications to
            create
            > top-view interior designs and also Bars, concerts and events
            planners are
            > some of the possibilities.
            > Meanwhile, we are doing a SVG Editor. The first preview is
            available at
            > http://blog.tiagocardoso.eu/mainada/comics-sketch/2008/11/02/svg-
            editor-preview/

            > I'll be posting a live demo of it soon on the same blog. This would
            be
            > useful to create SVG code quickly without resourcing to heavy
            applications
            > like inkscape, so you can test on your own SVG applications.
            > Could you send any feedback regarding this preview and any
            opinions ?

            > Thanks to all of you.
            > Best regards,
            >
            > Tiago Cardoso

          • Olaf Schnabel
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 4, 2008
              Hi Andi

              you need the Flash plugin to see the content.

              Regards
              Olaf

              Andreas Neumann wrote:

              > hm - I don't see anything - except an empty box saying "Plugin
              > content"
              >
              > Is this built on some browser plugin not available on my computer?
              >
              > Andreas
              >
              > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com
              > <mailto:svg-developers%40yahoogroups.com>, "Tiago Cardoso"
              > <tiago.cardoso@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hello all,
              > > We at inEvo (http://inevo.pt <http://inevo.pt>) are developing a SVG
              > framework for
              > > actionscript. This framework allow us to create Rich Internet
              > Applications
              > > to create or maipulate SVG drawing and elements. Applications to
              > create
              > > top-view interior designs and also Bars, concerts and events
              > planners are
              > > some of the possibilities.
              > > Meanwhile, we are doing a SVG Editor. The first preview is
              > available at
              > > http://blog.tiagocardoso.eu/mainada/comics-sketch/2008/11/02/svg-
              > <http://blog.tiagocardoso.eu/mainada/comics-sketch/2008/11/02/svg->
              > editor-preview/
              > >
              > > I'll be posting a live demo of it soon on the same blog. This would
              > be
              > > useful to create SVG code quickly without resourcing to heavy
              > applications
              > > like inkscape, so you can test on your own SVG applications.
              > > Could you send any feedback regarding this preview and any
              > opinions ?
              > >
              > > Thanks to all of you.
              > > Best regards,
              > >
              > > Tiago Cardoso

              Dr. Olaf Schnabel
              Institute of Cartography
              ETH Zurich
              Wolfgang-Pauli-Str. 15
              8093 Zurich
              Switzerland

              tel: ++41 44 633 3031
              fax: ++41 44 633 1153
              e-mail: oschnabel@...
              www private: http://www.ika.ethz.ch/schnabel
              www project: http://www.e-cartouche.ch
              www institute: http://www.karto.ethz.ch
            • Tiago Cardoso
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 4, 2008
                It's just a flash video from vimeo. Try to install Flash player 9.

                On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 11:03 AM, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann@...>wrote:

                > hm - I don't see anything - except an empty box saying "Plugin
                > content"
                >
                > Is this built on some browser plugin not available on my computer?
                >
                > Andreas
                >
                > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com <svg-developers%40yahoogroups.com>,
                > "Tiago Cardoso"
                > <tiago.cardoso@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hello all,
                > > We at inEvo (http://inevo.pt) are developing a SVG framework for
                > > actionscript. This framework allow us to create Rich Internet
                > Applications
                > > to create or maipulate SVG drawing and elements. Applications to
                > create
                > > top-view interior designs and also Bars, concerts and events
                > planners are
                > > some of the possibilities.
                > > Meanwhile, we are doing a SVG Editor. The first preview is
                > available at
                > > http://blog.tiagocardoso.eu/mainada/comics-sketch/2008/11/02/svg-
                > editor-preview/
                > >
                > > I'll be posting a live demo of it soon on the same blog. This would
                > be
                > > useful to create SVG code quickly without resourcing to heavy
                > applications
                > > like inkscape, so you can test on your own SVG applications.
                > > Could you send any feedback regarding this preview and any
                > opinions ?
                > >
                > > Thanks to all of you.
                > > Best regards,
                > >
                > > Tiago Cardoso

              • Andreas Neumann
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 4, 2008
                  ah - thanks.

                  I need to view it at my home computer then. Our IT people don't allow
                  the installation of browser plugins.

                  Will have a look at it at home then.