web fonts and SVG

  • Andreas Neumann
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2008
      Hello,

      I am wondering if Firefox 3.1 and Opera 9.6 will support web fonts?
      Means externally linked ttf files that can be used in CSS and SVG?

      see http://www.alistapart.com/articles/cssatten

      It seems that currently Webkit is the only browser supporting those
      web fonts.

      I wonder if this would be a technology to overcome the limitation of
      missing SVG font support in Mozilla, if it would be supported in
      Firefox 3.1.

      Andreas
    • Helder Magalhães
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2009
        > I am wondering if Firefox 3.1 and Opera 9.6 will support web fonts?
        > Means externally linked ttf files that can be used in CSS and SVG?

        A tightly related thread [1] was started at the SVG WG mailing list
        and receive quite interesting feedback which can be of interest for
        anyone who is crawling for this subject in SVG Developers group... ;-)

        Hope this helps,

        Helder Magalhães

        [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2009Jan/0016.html