Re: [svg-developers] SVG benchmark

  • Erik Dahlström
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 5, 2008
      On Mon, 01 Sep 2008 14:12:21 +0200, ddailey <ddailey@...> wrote:

      > Hi Jocke,
      >
      > Take a look at http://srufaculty.sru.edu/david.dailey/svg/SVGOpen2007/SVGOpen2007.htm
      > and http://www.svgopen.org/2007/papers/BrowserPerformanceMeasures/index.html

      > Also Opera has implemented a "finished rendering" event that may appear in a future spec (fingers crossed) and so this can help those interested in benchmarking and calibration of time-sensitive events like real-time data visualization.

      What's implemented currently (internal Opera builds only at this time) is not an event, but a DOM attribute on the SVGSVGElement interface called 'currentFps' that you can access to query the current framerate.

      Though yes, nothing is technically preventing us from dispatching something like a "frame rendered" event. However, how that would affect performance is also something we'd need to evaluate.

      Cheers
      /Erik

      Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group