links to some demos

  • ddailey
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1 5:39 AM
      Hi

      One of the things the SVG-IG is probably interested in is collections of fancy demos of SVG at work. Every so often someone here mentions that topic. Folks have said it is hard to find good demos, so I suspect it'll end up in the SVG-IG wiki sometime http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/IG/wiki/Main_Page

      If I learn how to wikify sometime then I'll add the following two that some folks asked me for addresses to at the conference:
      http://srufaculty.sru.edu/david.dailey/svg/SVGOpen2008/edges_of_plausibility.htm (you'll need Opera or IE/ASV to see most of the examples)

      http://srufaculty.sru.edu/david.dailey/svg/BulletinBoard.html (this was the presentation I had running before I talked -- again either Opera or IE/ASV should be used -- though webkit may be doing it fairly soon I suspect).

      fwiw, my main paper at https://www.svgopen.org/2008/papers/39-The_Edges_of_Plausibility/ crashes the browser in IE. Most of the stuff doesn't actually work in FF or Safari (owing to filters and/or SMIL) and so Opera is the only place you can look at it. It just has too many SVG embeds, I guess. I had licensed Oxygen-author as freeware for a month to create the thing and my month expired, so alas I can't fix anything at the moment. Sorry for the accessibility issues: I should have embedded more screen shots with links to the live content rather than embedding so much live content, but I didn't know quite how it'd turn out after the XSLT was applied and then lost the ability to fix it.

      cheers