many eyes

  • Jerrold Maddox
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2008
      I just saw an article -
      http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/31/technology/31novel.html - about
      many eyes - http://services.alphaworks.ibm.com/manyeyes/app - in the
      New York Times and it looks like a natural for using SVG.

      (Simon Shutter's group calendar, which he demonstrated in Nurmberg,
      is an example of doing what many eyes does but using SVG.)

      Does anyone know anything about the group and their attitude toward using SVG?

      Jerry
    • Jonathan Chetwynd
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 31, 2008
        crashes opera recent on os x...

        cheers

        ~:"

        Jonathan Chetwynd

        j.chetwynd@...
        http://www.openicon.org/

        +44 (0) 20 7978 1764

        On 31 Aug 2008, at 11:27, Jerrold Maddox wrote:

        > I just saw an article -
        > http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/31/technology/31novel.html - about
        > many eyes - http://services.alphaworks.ibm.com/manyeyes/app - in the
        > New York Times and it looks like a natural for using SVG.
        >
        > (Simon Shutter's group calendar, which he demonstrated in Nurmberg,
        > is an example of doing what many eyes does but using SVG.)
        >
        > Does anyone know anything about the group and their attitude toward
        > using SVG?
        >
        > Jerry

      • Jayne De Sesa
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 31, 2008
          Thanks, Jerry! The site looks good at first glance, fabulous concept, though runs veerryyyy
          slow in Safari 3.1.2 But I think this latest Safari version is slow anyway, at least on my
          machine.

          I found this google result:

          ... Wattenberg’s group launched Many Eyes in January as part of IBM’s Alphaworks, a Web
          environment where early adopters can test specific IBM software ...

          and I expect they would answer any questions you have at: contact@...

          Cheers,
          Jayne De Sesa