Software implementing getURL() function

  • Julien Reichel
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 29, 2008
      Hi all,

      Do you know which user agent (Firefox, opera, asv, renesis, ...) that
      implement the getURL() [1] function ?.

      Thanks for the info or pointer to where to find it.

      Julien

      [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/svgudom.html#svg__SVGGlobal_getURL

      Julien Reichel, PhD
      Technology Architect, SpinetiX S.A.
      PSE-C, CH-1015, Lausanne, Switzerland

      Tel: +41 (0) 21 693 89 81
      Mail: julien.reichel@...
      Get Information : http://www.spinetix.com

    • Andreas Neumann
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 29, 2008
        Hi Julien,

        getUrl/postUrl are supported in:

        * the Adobe SVG Viewer
        * Apache Batik
        * the Bitflash mobile SVG viewer
        * Ikivo mobile SVG Player
        * eSVG (http://esvg.ultimodule.com/bin/esvg/templates/default.asp?
        _resolutionfile=templatespath|default.asp&area_3=pages/features)

        Browsers typically don't implement getURL because they already have
        similar features in the XMLHttpRequest object, but most mobile or
        embedded viewers, or toolkits like Apache Batik implement getURL.

        Andreas

        --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Julien Reichel"

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 31, 2008
          You may be interested in related replies into the SVG WG mailing list
          [1], in particular the reply [2] and its follow up [3].

          > getUrl/postUrl are supported in:
          >
          > * the Adobe SVG Viewer
          > * Apache Batik
          > * the Bitflash mobile SVG viewer
          > * Ikivo mobile SVG Player
          > * eSVG (http://esvg.ultimodule.com/bin/esvg/templates/default.asp?
          > _resolutionfile=templatespath|default.asp&area_3=pages/features)

          I'm not sure if all implementations support both methods. I recall the
          case of eSVG and Batik which, according to the documentation, only
          support getURL. Could someone confirm which implementation supports
          which method(s), possibly updating the viewer matrix [4]
          ("Communication" row) directly? If one prefers posting a follow up to
          this thread, I'll be glad to do afterward! :-)

          Sorry for cross-posting but the thread was started in both mailing
          lists. ;-)

          Hope this helps,

          Helder Magalhães

          [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/
          [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2008Jul/0210.html
          [3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2008Jul/0220.html
          [4] http://wiki.svg.org/Viewer_Matrix
        • examotion
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 31, 2008
            --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Helder Magalhães
            <helder.magalhaes@...> wrote:

            > You may be interested in related replies into the SVG WG mailing list
            > [1], in particular the reply [2] and its follow up [3].
            >
            > > getUrl/postUrl are supported in:
            > >
            > > * the Adobe SVG Viewer
            > > * Apache Batik
            > > * the Bitflash mobile SVG viewer
            > > * Ikivo mobile SVG Player
            > > * eSVG (http://esvg.ultimodule.com/bin/esvg/templates/default.asp?
            > > _resolutionfile=templatespath|default.asp&area_3=pages/features)

            Not to forget Renesis which supports getURL, postURL and parseXML :)

            Regards
            Alex
          • Julien Reichel
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 31, 2008
              Hi,

              Thanks for the list. I thinks I will have to do some checking now to
              understand how those implementation behave when facing different
              encoding type. I post the results of my test when I find the time to
              perform them :-)

              > Sorry for cross-posting but the thread was started in both mailing
              lists. ;-)

              My fault... After posting to the www-svg, I figured out that this list
              was more appropriate for this question of application support. The
              www-svg thread should concentrate on the specification itself.

              Julien

              Visit http://www.spinetix.com/ for more information