Re: modifying text shapes

  • Frank Bruder
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 12, 2008
      Hello, Zafar,

      I'm afraid perspective distortion is not currently easily possible in
      SVG.
      It has been discussed before in this group and one possible solution
      was found to be the displacement map filter effect. Here's the link
      to a message with a working example:

      But, as stated there, "the deformation is applied to a virtual bitmap
      rather than to its associated vectors -- hence the resultant image
      loses its crispy vector flavor -- resulting in a sogginess that will
      be less pleasing than what some humans have come to expect from their
      SVG."

      For a better looking solution you could use an application which
      1. converts the text to outlines, and
      2. applies a perspective distortion to the resulting path data.
      (Both steps could also be done by different applications.)
      But I couldn't name any tool which implements perspective distortion.
      Converting text to outlines is possible in about every vector drawing
      application. Perspective distortion is less common.

      Regards
      Frank

      --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "ztminhas" <ztminhas@...>
      wrote:

      > hi,
      >
      > i am trying to change the shape of my text so that it looks like
      like
      > this image
      > <http://www.planetphotoshop.com/tutorials/spivey/
      spivey49_image4.gif> .